1. I saw this pin here for a Mother's Day card and I just loved the flower sticking out of it! I brought some of my girly scrapbook paper to school to create these cute cards. The kids wrote sweet messages and drew pictures for their mom on the inside. I took a picture of each student pretending to hold flowers, then we glue the picture to the front with a fake flower. So easy and cute! :)
2. Another pinterest-inspired Mother's Day craft was our gift (pinned from here). I picked up a variety of pot holders from the dollar store and some fabric paint. We painted the kids hands in the middle and attached a recipe for mother's love (freebie from Susan at TGIF). They turned out adorable!
3. I finally decided to let my kiddos to let my kiddos take home their grassheads. (Really I was just tired of having to water them every day... lol) So at the end of the day we opened our hair salon and cut our grass heads' hair! They loved it!
4. We are working on measurement in math right now. This fun activity was from Primary Junction's Second Grade Common Core Measurement Unit. We traced our hand and foot and measured them with unifix cubes. Very hands-on!
5. Here's a new free app for you to try... for iPads or iPhones/iPod Touches. It's called A+ Spelling Tests. You can input your own spelling/sight word lists and there is a record button so you can record your voice saying each word. It's super easy to use! There is a scramble game where students hear the word and have to unscramble the letters or there is a spelling test where students hear the word then they have to spell it. Try it out if you haven't heard of it before!
Enjoy your weekend! :)
Very cute Mother's Day activities...especially the handprint pot holder! :)ReplyDelete
Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten
Love the hair salon for your grass heads. I am always amazed that our plants grow because of the over-loving and over-watering they receive! I enjoy your blog and am already a follower!ReplyDelete
Love the pot holders!ReplyDelete
First Grade Blue SKies
Your Mother's Day crafts are so cute! The oven mitts turned out beautifully! Sure to be a huge hit with the moms!ReplyDelete
Have a great weekend!
Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe
the pot holders are to cute! Always need new Mother's day craft ideas!ReplyDelete
Those cards are adorable. Someone at my school uses flowers like that but wraps them with floral tape to a ball point pen! That way the Mom gets a flower she can USE all the time. I think you could mesh but the card and the flower pen idea together and make an even more awesome craft! Just an inspiration to share!ReplyDelete
Teaching time is crazy right now, if you are not in testing mode like I am, you are in report card mode, or just plain when is this going to end mode! I wanted to invite you to drop by and enter the GIVEAWAY on my blog right now, just in case you missed it! It's a great 31Gifts organizer tote, I want all my Canadian blogger buddies to get in on the sale too! Jen the teacher sponsoring the party,is one of the first consultants for 31 Gifts in Canada! The prices are awesome...come and check it out!