1. This was a cute little Easter present from one of my students on Monday. Just a few chocolates and a mini chocolate bunny, but the bag was just precious!
2. On Monday we wrote about our Spring Break.The paper was one I got from a retired Grade One teacher... she used to make everything by hand! Can you imagine?? lol. I'm getting so impressed with my students writing! I don't have to help them spell every word now. They are taking risks and sounding out their words like pros!
3. Here's our author study bulletin board. I love how it turned out! Unfortunately I can't share any of the pictures with you, but really I just Googled "Eric Carle" and printed some of the images I found onto cardstock.
I have this DVD so we watched one of the stories today as a little
The kids are loving his books so far! And if you have never heard the song to go with his book "Today is Monday", you might not want to watch this video... This song has been stuck in my head for a week now. Hehe!
4. I had bought these divider plates a while ago, but never really pulled them out. When I saw this adorable "Peas & Carrots Addition Game" from Frog Spot, I knew it would be perfect for these plates! The kids had a blast adding their peas and carrots together. We used a dry erase marker on the big part of the plate to write our addition sentences.
5. We did a few activities on oviparous animals as well. I did this mystery egg activity last year, but this year we got to put the small pictures under the document camera for everyone to see. Woo! Exciting! ;) We learned about some interesting oviparous animals!
This sort is from Chalk Talk. Love it! We also read the poem "Oviparous" from Deedee's March Poetry Pack. The kids loved it.
Until next time! Happy Weekend!